Everyone needs that “go-to” recipe for Vanilla Cupcakes. It has to be straightforward and the cupcakes need to come out perfect. Every. Time. This is the best recipe I have tried! The cupcakes are light, moist and fluffy with a delicate vanilla sweetness that is just right.
Being unpretentious by nature, you can enjoy Vanilla Cupcakes as they are or fill them and top them to your heart’s content. I topped them with swirls of Cream Cheese Frosting for their photo shoot and they were as perfect as perfect can be.
- 2 ½ cups (350 g) flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (112 g) butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups (300 g) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups (300 ml) milk, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°F (165°C). Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy (3-5 minutes). Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until incorporated.
- Add the vanilla to the milk. Add one third of the flour mixture to the butter-egg mixture and beat on low until well combined. Add one third of the vanilla milk and beat on low until well combined. Repeat procedure with the remaining flour and milk mixtures, scraping the bowl between additions.
- Fill cupcake liners two thirds full with batter. Bake for 16-18 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool cupcakes completely in tins on a wire rack.