If you love chewy oatmeal and the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, you are sure going to love these quick and easy no-bake Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge Bars!
Perfect for summer, when you don’t want to turn on the oven or even stand in the hot kitchen, these delicious and healthy bars are made with 5 basic ingredients and are done in no time.
Because they’re made of wholesome oats, peanut butter and chocolate, these bars are a healthy, gluten-free treat. Sure, you could snack on a banana instead but these oatmeal bars are so yummy and satisfying! Your brain needs energy to function, right? 😉
Actually, I usually make these Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge Bars during the school year for the kids to take to school. Their classmates are also super-happy that they get a homemade treat. Kids absolutely love these oatmeal bars!
I prefer eating Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge Bars straight out of the fridge, while the chocolate filling is cool and fudgy and the bars slightly firmer that at room temperature. So delish!
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge Bars
- 1 cup (170 g) semisweet chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- ½ cup (125 g) peanut butter
- ¾ cup (170 g) butter
- ½ cup (100 g) brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups (320 g) quick oats
- Butter a small baking pan. You need one that’s about 8x8 inches or 9x9 inches or 7x10 inches (20x20 cm to 23x23 cm or 18x26 cm). Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate and peanut butter in the microwave at 600W for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat process until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth. On the stovetop, you can melt the chocolate and peanut butter together in a double boiler. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized pan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and salt and heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add vanilla extract.
- Reduce heat, stir in oats. Heat and stir over low heat for about two minutes, until the mixture is well-combined.
- Pour about two-thirds of the oat mixture into the prepared pan and press down firmly with a silicone spatula. BE CAREFUL, mixture is very hot!
- Pour the chocolate-peanut butter mixture over the oat layer and spread evenly. Reserve 2-3 tablespoons of the chocolate mixture for drizzling over the top of the bars.
- Divide the rest of the oat mixture over the bars and gently press down. Drizzle with remaining chocolate mixture.
- Cover pan and chill for at least 2 hours, until the chocolate is firm. Cut into bars with a sharp knife. Stored tightly covered in the refrigerator, bars will stay fresh for up to one week.