Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls are a little snack I love having around. They’re not really cookie dough, but they taste like it, plus they’re made of simple, natural ingredients you don’t need to feel guilty about eating and probably already have at home. These are so quick and easy to put together and the recipe is infinitely adaptable.
Healthy Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls
- 2 tablespoons finely ground flaxseed meal*
- 1 cup (100 g) oats, old-fashioned or quick
- 2/3 cup (170 g) peanut butter or any nut butter
- 3 tablespoons (60 g) honey, agave or pure maple syrup
- Dash vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- ¼ cup (50 g) mini chocolate chips, chopped raisins or other dried fruit, chopped nuts or shredded coconut, in any combination
In a blender or food processor, grind flaxseed meal as finely as possible. Add oats and grind into a coarse meal.
In a separate, medium-sized bowl, stir together peanut butter, honey, vanilla and salt. Add flaxseed meal and oats and knead with your hands to combine. If mixture is too soft to form balls, more oats may be added. If mixture seems to dry to form balls, add a little more peanut butter.
Knead in chocolate chips and/or other add-ins. Roll into 1 inch (2.5 cm) balls and chill in refrigerator until firm. Store tightly covered in refrigerator or freezer.
*Or use oats instead.