This is a tasty and refreshing Indian drink. It’s our favorite way to enjoy mangos as well as our favorite smoothie! If you don’t have one or two of the spices on hand, don’t worry, it will still be plenty delicious.
Spiced Mango Lassi
- 2 medium-sized ripe mangos (14 oz. or 400 g) each peeled, pitted and diced
- 2/3 cup (150 g) plain yogurt
- 5-6 ice cubes slightly crushed in the blender
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cold water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
Combine all ingredients in a powerful blender. Puree until smooth. Pour into glasses. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Makes two 14-oz. (400 ml) servings or four 7-oz. (200 ml) servings.
Recipe adapted from Das Koch Rezept.