Here is a great way to enjoy strawberries no matter what the season. The best part is that there is absolutely no chopping or prep work involved in making these Strawberry-Banana Smoothies. It’s ready in five minutes!
Or maybe the best part is the yummy fruity taste. The banana adds some sweetness but these don’t taste like banana. If you want more sweetness and banana flavor, use an overripe (brown) banana.
- 2 cups or 10 ounces (300 g) frozen strawberries
- 1 fresh banana
- ¾ cup or 7 ounces (200 g) Greek yogurt (or plain yogurt)
- ½ - ⅔ cup (150 ml) orange juice (or other fruit juice or almond, soy or rice milk)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chia or flax seeds
- 2 handfuls baby spinach, washed
- Blend all ingredients in a powerful blender until smooth. Add a little more orange juice to thin if necessary.
- Makes two 10 ounce (300 ml) smoothies. Tightly covered smoothies stay fresh in the refrigerator for 24 hours – stir before serving.