These easy homemade Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are an adaptation of my Soft Peanut Butter Cookie recipe, the only change being the addition of chocolate chips.
These are the ultimate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies! Made completely from scratch, they are soft, thick and pack the maximum amounts of peanut butter and chocolate into the dough.
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are so yummy, they are for serious peanut butter cookie lovers only. Try this recipe today!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup 225 g butter, room temperature
- 1 cup 210 g brown sugar
- ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups (375 g) peanut butter*
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups (420 g) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (340 g) chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C). In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in the peanut butter. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. With mixer on low speed, mix in the flour, baking soda and salt until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into golf ball sized balls. Place balls on an ungreased baking sheet and flatten them into thick cookies with your fingers. Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes or until the edges start to brown and the tops form little cracks.
- Remove from the oven, allow the cookies to set for a couple of minutes and then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week or freeze for up to two months.