Blondies are rich cookie bars that are stirred together in minutes, spread in a pan and the caramelly aroma of brown sugar and brown butter fills your kitchen as they bake. Don’t overbake these – because then they will be chewy. Not a bad thing if you like your blondies chewy. I like mine softer. Brown Butter Blondies melt in your mouth are completely irresistible. They make the best late-night snack and are an awesome treat for coffee the next day too.
Brown Butter Blondies
Servings 30 bars
- 2 cups (420 g) brown sugar
- 1 cup (225 g) butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups (350 g) flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup (90 g) chocolate chunks
- ⅔ cup (110 g) M&Ms
- Place brown sugar in a large metal mixing bowl. Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until boiling. Continue to heat the butter, swirling occasionally, until the sediments (solids at the bottom of the pan) turn golden brown. Remove from heat and pour the butter over the brown sugar into the mixing bowl. Stir butter and brown sugar together and set aside to cool to room temperature (about 20 minutes).
- While the butter-brown sugar mixture is cooling, lightly butter 9x13-inch (25x40 cm) baking pan, preheat the oven to 350°F (165°C) and get your other ingredients ready.
- When the butter-brown sugar mixture has cooled, stir in the eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks and M&Ms.
- Spread in prepared baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the top is lightly browned. Cool and cut into bars. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction.
Leave a Reply