This green smoothie is such a wonderful way to pack in the vitamins during the winter months and the tropical fruits give it the best flavor! My kids love Tropical Green Smoothies so much that they helped themselves to the other smoothies while I was shooting the photos for this post. Green smoothies are perfect for taking to school and to work because they are so satisfying and give you a great boost in energy.
- 1 fresh, chopped pineapple (use about 75% of the chunks and eat the rest)
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 frozen ripe banana, cut into chunks
- 4.5 ounces (125 g) fresh baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup (120 g) Greek yogurt
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- ½ cup (120 ml) orange juice or similar juice
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender for 1-2 minutes until smooth. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Smoothies can also be frozen and thawed at room temperature for a couple of hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Makes 2 large or 4 small smoothies.