Frozen Margaritas (Homemade Margarita Mix)
The Margarita Mix below can be prepared ahead of time, frozen and then blended just before serving. This way you also get the best consistency!
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
Margaritas (4 servings)
- 4-8 ounces (12-24 cl) silver tequila (depends how strong you like them)
- 4 ounces (12 cl) Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 4 limes the juice of
- 4 ounces (12 cl) simple syrup
- 4 cups of ice cubes
- Sea salt or margarita salt optional
- Begin with the simple syrup: heat the sugar and water in a pot, stirring until the all the sugar has dissolved. Cool. Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
- If desired, rub the rims of the margarita glasses with lime and dip in a wide, shallow dish filled with salt. Chill the glasses in the freezer.
- Blend tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, simple syrup and ice cubes at high speed until the mix is slushy. Pour into glasses immediately, garnish with a lime slice.