Chai Snowballs are tender cookies made with chai spice that melt in your mouth! Perfect with a cup of tea in fall or winter!
A couple of weeks ago I registered for the Austrian Food Blogger Cookie Exchange Party 2016 in St. Pölten (Lower Austria) and decided to enter these Chai Snowballs in the Cookie Star Contest. Only 10 selected participants are allowed to compete and my Chai Snowballs were chosen!! I’m so excited!! 😀 😀 😀
Chai Snowballs melt in your mouth and the chai spices taste just like Christmas. I really hope I can convince the jury with my Chai Snowball cookies!
If you’d like to taste my cookies too, come to the XL Urban Design Market in St. Pölten this Saturday, November 26th, 2016. I would love that! I would also appreciate it if you kept your fingers crossed for me on Saturday! 😉 Thank you!
- 1 cup (225 g) softened butter
- ½ cup (55 g) powdered sugar
- 2 cups (280 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (110 g) powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (170°C). In a large mixing bowl, mix butter and powdered sugar until blended. On low speed, beat in remaining ingredients until blended.
- Shape tablespoons of dough into 1-inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
- Powdered sugar for rolling: sift powdered sugar, cardamom and cinnamon into a medium bowl. Using two forks, gently roll warm cookies in powdered sugar mixture and transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Roll cooled cookies in powdered sugar mixture again.
- Stored in an airtight container at room temperature, cookies will keep for at least two weeks.