Frozen Margaritas (Homemade Margarita Mix)
The Margarita Mix below can be prepared ahead of time, frozen and then blended just before serving. This way you also get the best consistency!
Author: Krista at Living on Cookies
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
Margaritas (4 servings)
- 4-8 ounces (12-24 cl) silver tequila (depends how strong you like them)
- 4 ounces (12 cl) Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 4 limes, the juice of
- 4 ounces (12 cl) simple syrup
- 4 cups of ice cubes
- Sea salt or margarita salt, optional
- Begin with the simple syrup: heat the sugar and water in a pot, stirring until the all the sugar has dissolved. Cool. Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
- If desired, rub the rims of the margarita glasses with lime and dip in a wide, shallow dish filled with salt. Chill the glasses in the freezer.
- Blend tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, simple syrup and ice cubes at high speed until the mix is slushy. Pour into glasses immediately, garnish with a lime slice.