Classic, old-fashioned lemon bars. Tart, bright, lemony goodness on a shortbread crust. These bars are ridiculously quick and easy to make and perfect for any time of the year! There’s something about the tart-sweet combination that’s so addicting. Grab a lemon bar and enjoy the taste of sunshine no matter what the weather!
- 2 cups (270 g) flour
- 1 cup (225 g) butter softened
- ½ cup 55 g powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups (300 g) granulated sugar
- finely grated zest of two organic lemons
- juice of two organic lemons
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- Heat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Mix flour, butter and powdered sugar. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch (25x38 cm) rectangular pan, building up the edges a bit. Bake crust 15-20 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven.
- While the crust is baking, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on high speed for about 2-3 minutes until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is light and fluffy. Pour filling over hot crust. The filling will be liquid before baking. Carefully transfer to oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes until lightly browned and the center is set.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar and cut into bars. Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Allow bars to come to room temperature before serving.