How do you improve on perfection? And why would you? As the old adage goes: If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
Just as a beautiful home is even more spectacular during the holidays when decorated with lights and a big Christmas tree, so too do these cookies go from the everyday to the decadent. They look more fun and festive AND taste extra chocolaty and indulgent.
These are also great to make for birthdays, wedding or baby showers and other special occasions too – just vary the sprinkles! You could sprinkle them with chopped nuts if you wish, or leave them only dipped in chocolate for a simple elegant finish. They are also super easy to make.
- 1 batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 8 ounces (200 g) dark chocolate coating (almond bark)
- Sprinkles, jimmies, colored sugar or chopped nuts for decorating
- Chop or break the chocolate coating into pieces. Then melt in a microwave-safe medium glass bowl at medium power (500-600W) in the microwave for one minute at a time, removing bowl and stirring in between intervals until all the chocolate is nearly melted. Stir until completely smooth.
- Dip one cookie at a time into the melted chocolate until it is covered about halfway in chocolate. Lay cookie on parchment or wax paper. Decorate with sprinkles, jimmies or colored sugar as desired. Dip and decorate remaining cookies and leave for the chocolate to set. It can take a few hours for the chocolate to fully set at room temperature or your can put the chocolate dipped cookies in the refrigerator or freezer for 30 minutes to one hour to speed up the hardening.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.